[AZ-Observing] Re: Phoenix man sentenced for shining laser at two commercial airliners, police helicopter over Valley

  • From: Tim Jones <tjmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 11:16:43 -0700

However, using Dan's logic as the impetus and given a proper defense that
invalidated the claims of potential harm for the commercial pilots, the
sentence could have been much less - regardless of the federal vs. local
standing.  And if nothing else, it could further publicly identify the overly
zealous and heavy handed nature of those organizations.

Sorry to go political on this, but after my last wonderfully relaxing trip
throughout the Aegean and Med (6 countries) and my return to our wonderful,
free country (where it took over 30 minutes  and an LSAT-level load of
questions to get through customs as a citizen with nothing to declare),
anything that can be done to put those guys in their place is a plus in my eyes.

Tim