[AZ-Observing] Re: Phoenix man sentenced for shining laser at two commercial airliners, police helicopter over Valley

  • From: "J. D MADDY" <maddy0485@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 09:40:20 -0700

I saw a news bit a while back about the incidences and it was indicated that
the lasers were in the over 500mw range. Those things are really bright and are
much too bright for astronomical use. Maybe after this hits the national news
about the nice vacation stay in jail, idiots will get a clue and not try this
again.

JD Maddy
Clarkdale, AZ