[AZ-Observing] Re: May 20th Eclipse from Page, Az

  • From: Mike Wiles <mikewilesaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:00:27 -0700

I could be totally wrong here.....but I'm going to go out on a limb today.
I think congratulations are in order for Steve & Rosie Dodder for actually
BEING the Astronomy Picture of the Day
yesterday<http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120528.html>.
Many of us dream about someday getting that ultimate honor of having one of
our images posted as the Astronomy Picture of the Day.  It has never
occurred to me that I could actually BE the APOD.
Steve, honestly I don't know if this is actually your group in the shot -
but it is the same photographer.  He mentions on Cloudy Nights having met
you at the gas station afterward and showing you the pictures on his LCD
screen.  So if my reach and guess that you're the subject in the picture -
congratulations!!  The image truly is awesome.

Mike