[AZ-Observing] Re: May 20th Eclipse from Page, Az

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 18:53:30 -0700

Well, thanks Mike, but it isn't us, specifically.
Steve did approach us at the gas station in Page and showed us the picture, but
I told him at the time it wasn't us.  I recognize the group of people and their
setup, but this group was one of a couple dozen that set up on Wahweap View.
Also, they were set up on the eastern side of the hill.  We were just a little
to the south and west, over the curve of the hill from Steve's location on Lake
Powell, perhaps 50 meters away.
That said, it was way cool   to see the picture, both in Page and then on APOD.
 He told he was "thinking of submitting it", and I suggested he try APOD. So
yes, I guess I did have some small part in it.  But the skill and composition
and all that was all his.
Amazing photo!

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com