[AZ-Observing] Re: Fwd: Another balloon heading our way

  • From: "Dan Heim" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:55:37 -0700

Still visible from Heimhenge here in New River at 10 pm.  Elevation 45
degrees in the southwest.  Estimated magnitude -5.0.  Didn't have time to
set up my Takahashi, but I did get this hasty image with my Canon EOS20D
using a 200mm lens on a tripod.  Didn't resolve the shape of the balloon,
but it does show how bright it appeared.  My estimate is M-5.  I have no
doubt Tom Polakis will produce a nicely resolved balloon image.  At least I
hope he will.  This thing was awesome through 10x80 binocs.

http://www.heimhenge.com/downloads/balloon.jpg

Dan Heim