[AZ-Observing] Re: Fwd: Another balloon heading our way

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 03:30:04 -0400 (EDT)

I saw it on the way back to Williams from Flagstaff.  Even while driving
south toward I-40 on the main drag in Flagstaff (Milton Rd.).  During
twilight it was very bright and easy to see through the windshield.  It
was up about 25 degrees and -5 magnitude or so.  I knew it was not Jupiter
right away.  Those balloons obviously reflect a lot of sunlight.  Made of
shiny mylar, I guess.

Lots of fun;
Steve Coe