[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet Holmes tonight

  • From: "Rotramel, Rick (AZ77)" <rick.rotramel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:41:47 -0700

Great stuff, Jeremy!

*   *   *

I observed this thing last night with 11x80's, then next with "The
Perseus", my Cave 8" f4.5, first at 100x, then at 200x starting at about
9:40 PM.=20

Wow! A pure delight; a bright yellowish, nearly round coma with a bright
creamy nucleus, sized about 1/6 of the diameter of the coma. There
seemed to be some action, perhaps a fountain on one side of the nucleus.
And I saw some cyan color in that area.

And I did see the real faint stuff on the outside of the bright coma,
pretty cool, the beginnings of a tail, of who knows what shape.

Thanks again to all the great reports, as Steve Coe would say, "this is
FUN!"

Rick R.
SAC