[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet Holmes tonight

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:36:50 -0700

Has anyone seen the bright star like nucleus at lower magnification
resolve itself into three at higher magnification? As I mentioned, this
is what I observed. I have read the reports so far in Az-Observing and
not many comment on this, except for Brian and a few others who said
they saw two components. It would be interesting if anyone else could
collaborate my observation, even from outside this group. Perhaps it was
the seeing conditions playing tricks on me, which I don't think it was,
but if it was I would like to know.
Stan