[AZ-Observing] Cold Feet

  • From: Andrew Goodwin <a.goodwin1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:30:56 -0700

     I need information and help to keep my feet warm. I know that this
is a problem for many thus I am posting to this listing. After being
frozen out at Flat Iron on the 13th (I know we were experiencing record
temps) and I was wearing moonboots with two pairs of wool socks I went
to Cabela's and was directed to a sock made of a fabric called Polar
Tek. does anyone know about the new fabrics or a boot that will keep my
toes from becoming numb?  I have read the web site article "Keeping Warm".

http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/keepwarm.htm

Perhaps it needs to be revised to indicate the new products on the
market today.
Any input would be appreciated. You may also post to me off list.

Clear Skies and thank you in advance.
Andrew Goodwin

PS   My moonboots did not come with wool liners and I can't find any at
Cabela's or Sportsman's Warehouse.

.