[AZ-Observing] Re: Cold Feet

  • From: "Peter Argenziano" <pargenz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:44:11 -0700

Andrew,

The battery-powered socks are an option. So are the chemical heaters. The
latter can be used inside your current boots. They work on the principal of
oxidation. You can also use them in your pockets, inside your sleeping bag,
etc. A larger patch (with adhesive side) can be worn across your lower back.
All of your blood flows through your kidneys quite regularly (hopefully) and
this helps maintain warmth. Don't forget a hat too.

Cabelas carries these heaters, as do most outdoor outfitters.
http://tinyurl.com/ynzhvq

Peter