[AZ-Observing] Re: Cold Feet

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:45:46 -0500

In a trip to Cabela's a couple months back, I purchased a pair of
battery-heated boot socks.  I initially had a case of cold feet about laying
down $20 for socks, but I can report that they worked admirably in their first
observing test at 8000 feet in December.

http://tinyurl.com/ucod5

These socks require two individual D cells.  The heating element is over the
toes, where it belongs.  You will need to wear sufficiently baggy pants that
will fit over the bulky batteries.

Tom