[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Rd Sat. Nite...

  • From: "JTPest" <jtpest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 12:42:42 -0700

Vekol rarely had a few clear sucker holes.    The clouds made for an
incredible sunset  with enormous Sun Dogs and later the largest moon halo
I've ever seen around a crescent taking nearly the entire western sky.
Mars rose brilliant in the East as the crescent set in the West--at one
point being meeting directly across from each other.  Being determined  to
make at least one observing note for the drive I finally beat the clouds to
NGC 6520--an interesting small chevron shaped open cluster paired with a
dark nebula -- just above the teapot spout.  Venus greeted me paired with a
weather balloon at sunrise making for an initially startling double Venus
effect until verified in the binoculars.

I agree Thad, another observing night to file under the "#$%*($&" file.  I
miss observing!

JTP