[AZ-Observing] Capella at noon

  • From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az-Observing List <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:10:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Yesterday the sky was blue and the moon well placed in
the afternoon sky, about 2pm.  I set my 12.5" on the
moon and set the RA circle for its position from
megastar.  Then dialed in the coords for Capella,
about 30 degrees away.  With the 16mm nagler, the view
was stunning, a brilliant white stellar point set
against the deep blue sky.

I hope this inspires some of you to try this very
different type of observing!

Comments?

Chris

Take Care,