[AZ-Observing] Re: Capella at noon

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:50:08 -0700

I have stood inside not the one in Humboldt (how did they get in there?) but
the smoke stack across front the Circle K in Mayer. Never thought to look
for stars. I would think that one would have to find the time when something
fairly bright would pass directly over it's 14 foot internal aperture (as
the mount isn't very flexible). It also has a very poor 1X lens on the front
but is well blackened inside...

Jimmy Ray