[AZ-Observing] Re: Baby its cold outside

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 00:08:11 -0500

Wayne;

I have a dewheater device from scopestuff.  It is powered by a small lead
acid battery by a cigarette lighter plug.  I have a battery that was
originally meant for a riding lawn mower, it is about half the size of a
car battery.  There are several heater strips that plug into a set of
female plugs and then warm up.  The heater strips are held in place with
velcro.

I have not used it often, but the four or five times that I have, it does
a good job and keeps the dew off the objective of the refractor or an
eyepiece.  I think I will have to break it out for this New Moon run.
And, really work at keeping the battery charged.

Take Care;
Steve Coe