[AZ-Observing] Re: Baby its cold outside

  • From: Howard Anderson <handy13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:45:56 -0700

The dew zapper is essentially, I believe, a commercial version of the
nichrome
wire scheme with the wire embedded in rubber "tape".  I have used one
occasionally when
dew forms.  (Dew in Arizona?  I have encountered it
albeit rarely...)  The device accepts 12 volts and draws 25 watts.
So that is about a 2 amp draw...  Fairly hefty battery drain...  However
the device is extremely effective...   I always take it with me...
http://www.telescope.com/control/accessories/dew-control/orion-dc-dew-zappers-for-telescopes

Thanks,

Howard

--