[AZ-Observing] Baby its cold outside

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 04:05:01 -0500

Howdy all;

I just came in from doing a little binocular observing, it is after 1 AM.
I can say without fear that it is chilly outside, at least from 10 miles
from Wickenburg.  My thermometer says 39 F and it feels all of that.  I
started to fog over the binoculars so I finally gave up.  It is nice and
clear out, but still chilly.

So, for those of you looking to drive out of town as the Moon gets
thinner, wherever you are headed, take lots of warm clothes and that thick
sleeping bag.  I made good use of the activated charcoal hand warmers.  It
is good that there are deals on lots of warm clothes at the stores.  I got
a new insulated bib overall from Cabela's that is quite warm.

I don't know if the sun shades will be useful at the Antennas site next
weekend, we might WANT to sit out in the sun.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe