[AZ-Observing] Re: Asteroid To Be Named After Trayvon Martin, Lowell Observatory

  • From: Joe Larkin <joeclarkin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 15:48:32 -0700 (PDT)

This kind of stuff is why I'm asocial and will probably never join an astronomy
club again. Calling someone a black SOB? Claiming Martin started a fight when
he was the one chased down by a much better armed person? Calling Martin the
guy who got in trouble a lot when Zimmerman is the only one of the two with a
criminal record and verified violent past?

I don't really know if Martin deserves this recognition. But the response here
makes me wonder what decade we are in.

Joe Larkin