[AZ-Observing] Re: Asteroid To Be Named After Trayvon Martin, Lowell Observatory

  • From: Bob Christ <bchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:39:42 -0700

The story is unfortunately true.  I called the Observatory to confirm its
validity and address this confirmed travesty and was pointing to a Kevin @
928.233.3210.  I had to leave a message.

From my perspective, Lowell is a scientific organization and is not a social
conscience watchdog entity.  Clearly Mr. Putnam knows nothing about the record
of horrific behavior Trayvon Martin accumulated in his relatively short life.
I believe Mr. Putnam is a Lowell trustee and his energies are certainly
misguided on this issue.

I would encourage our collective outcry to Kevin - perhaps multiple points of
disdain related from those of us in Arizona, that have supported the
Observatory, will help incite Mr. Putnam to re-think his position.

Bob Christ