[AZ-Observing] Re: AAMM

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 17:43:04 -0700

Saturday night March 29, 2014

Before trying to view the sky, we had a very nice meal for the 60 or so
attendees and then a drawing for a variety of astronomical goodies.  A
big thanks to all who joined in.

Well, I do not know the count of Messier objects for anyone at the All
Arizona Messier Marathon, but it certainly was a cloudy evening.  I know
that a few folks were trying to pick out some objects in the holes in
the clouds and do hope that a few managed to get at least a some
Messiers.

I did get a look through some telescopes, but mostly I sat and talked
about astronomy.  John Rhodes (the Televue rep) and I looked at Jupiter
with the NP 127 and a binoviewer, it was very nice and pretty sharp for
a mediocre night.  Ken Sike's 16 incher also provided a good view of
Jupiter at 180X or so.  We had a big group over by AJ Crayon's scope and
we discussed everything from eyepieces to getting money for astronomy
from the modern version of government agencies.  But the sky was pretty
mushy and we eventually just gave up.

See ya;
Steve Coe