[AZ-Observing] Re: AAMM

  • From: "Eric Steinberg" <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 15:19:49 -0400

So based on the weather, I decided to go out there just for Thursday
night and was among the 18 vehicles.  Skies were great and I started
casually going through the Messier list.  Kind of got cranked up on it
and by the time I knocked off at 2:00 I had the first 76 objects.
Couldn't quite get M74 though.  Probably could have gotten close to the
whole list, but my ability to stay awake just wasn't cooperating.

Seeing was good too - Saturn looked as clear as I've ever seen it with
nice banding and the ring divisions nice and sharp.

I don't suppose that counts as doing the MM?  Beautiful night, anyway.

Eric