[AZ-Observing] 5 mile meadow

  • From: "Tejera, Rick" <rtejera@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:31:36 -0400

Well, my first foray into the two-nighter was a success. although there were
some problems with car & campsite lights at the site, I was able to get some
solid observing in both nights before the dew won out. Thad & I both agreed
the transparency was excellent giving it a 9 both nights. I'd could see
detail in the Milky Way during twilight. The seeing on Friday started out at
about an 8 but as the moistons emerged, it went down to a 5-6 by the time I
packed it in for the night. Saturday night was much the same except the
seeing was about one grade lower throughout the night.
And a big thanks to Rick Rotramel for the loan of the battery for Gert's Eq
platform (my power source crapped out).

BTW for those interested the Site specs are:

Lat N34d 41m 59s
Lon W111d 26m 49s
Elev 6835'

Rick Tejera
International Dispatcher/Customer Service Rep
UPS Logistics
800-528-6041
480-315-5162