[AZ-Observing] Re: 5 mile meadow

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:50:45 -0600

Trying to cut dn on letters too. Hat did W's ever do for U?

Not trying to cut down on numbers tho. I did mean NGC 7615 in the Pegasus I
galaxy cluster I was exploring. I'll have to blame the computer for that.
Uranometria and Megastar give mag(V) 14.3, but SkyTools gives 15.3.
Everything is plus/minus half a mag or so anyway. I think it was the 13.3 SB
and small size that did me in; I got all the others around it using 200X.
Have to wait for the 18" to get that one tho. Herschel had an 18.5", but
I'll have slightly better coatings...

Thanks for the count.

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Public Events
Phoenix AZ
spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Don't you mean foofaraw? Don't you mean NGC 7615 the tiny 1' x .6' 15.3
mag.
> galaxy in Peg.  I looked into 30 scopes and would estimate another 20 I
> missed because no one was home--dewed out or too tired or something--so my
> count is 50 scopes, 50 vehicles, and approximately 67 people Saturday
night.

> JTP
>

> Not being quiet on the Saturday party, just trying to keep the repetition
> and foofara to a minimum. I was amazed at the sheer numbers of us there,
can
> we have a count from someone? The white lights from the other two
campsites
> were minimal, and you just had to remember to not look at the flareup
> whenever they threw another log on the fire. At a distance of over 100
yards
> it was not really a factor. The dew was the big factor and by 2 AM,
> eyepieces, binocs, and Telrad were wet.
>
> What a sky. I scored on every NGC I looked for with the 14.5 inch except
NGC