atw: Re: Who Uses What and Legacy Document Conversion (Word > Frame)

  • From: "bja" <bashley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:18:32 +1100

Hi Mick,

Just to clarify further, we use FM as a source and output to PDF. We have
both WWP and Mif2Go and I have set up the templates for both.

Once the templates are set up, Mif2Go is much quicker to convert and
requires less processing power.
WWP is prettier, but you pay for that with speed of conversion.

Both products are tightly integrated with FrameMaker so there is no
difference there.

With either product, you'll get a good outcome so if you like a GUI, and
money is no object, go for WWP.

If you can update a .ini file using a text editor and speed and cost are
important, have a trial of Mif2Go.

Good luck.

Regards,

Bruce Ashley