atw: Re: Who Uses What and Legacy Document Conversion (Word > Fram e)

  • From: Stuart Burnfield <sburnf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:24:49 +0800

> We're actually still at the stage of evaluating tools.

Mick, you should also have a close look at AuthorIT:
http://www.author-it.com/

> I tried an evaluation of WebWorks and found it easy to use.
> I also liked it's tight integration with Frame. If anyone
> has any strong views regarding WWP vs. Mif2Go, I'd be
> interested on hearing them. We want a solution that allows
> us to create PDF, hardcopy manuals, and HTML Help.

I haven't used it myself, but I've heard only good-to-glowing
reports about MIF2GO. It's worth checking out the Frame
archives. There are bound to be some head-to-head comparisons
from users of Frame, WWP and MIF2GO.

There's a summary of the various Frame mailing list archives at:
http://w1.184.telia.com/~u18407300/archives/index.html

Let us know what you end up deciding...
---
Stuart Burnfield