atw: Re: Umbrella companies - long - maybe OT for you

  • From: "Kevin Williamson" <kevin.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:12:05 +1000

Thanks for filling in some of the blanks that I forgot to Terry.

I had the same occurrence against my company recently.  (Company - there
is only ME!).
My wife (bless her little cotton socks) does all my paperwork, but being
involved with doing the books for a couple of other businesses she
'thought' she had paid our PAYG and other 'dues'.  Result - we are out
of pocket another $5000.00 above the 'dues' as a fine.

As a Sole Trader I didn't have half the paperwork and conformance
issues.  But then again, I had none - she had it all!

Mind you, as was correctly stated in an earlier post, the ATO are a
little better to deal with than they once were.  Except when it comes to
having to pay these damned fines!

Kev W
Kevin.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx