atw: Re: Research on when customers need or want online help or manuals?

  • From: "Catherine" <catg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:11:00 -0800

Hi all,

I’m looking for some research that discusses when customers need or want a
manual or help file- especially for those dealing with financial systems.  If
anyone has links for these, can you please share them?

I've already been looking at Jacob Nielsen's sites. What I'd like to see is any
empirical proof that we need Help or videos or manuals to aid in moving clients
through a complex system or a system that involves their money (or any system
where they are nervous and the stakes are high).

Thanks very much in advance!

p.s. I am usually a lurker on this list. I’m a Canadian tech writer with family
ties to Melbourne. At one time, I was hoping to move there but have not been
able to

I still enjoy your list though!

Sincerely,

Catherine Girczyc