atw: Re: Large visios

  • From: Stuart Burnfield <sburnf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:20:51 +0800

If the problem is file size, EPS is probably your best bet. Can Visio save
directly to EPS format?

If the problem is size (the diagrams are too big to fit on the page and
still be readable): split each diagram into a number of smaller diagrams,
each representing a module, component, subsystem, process, or whatever.
Make an overview diagram with blobs or bubbles to represent the
sub-diagrams. So if the reader needs to see how each part fits into the
whole, they look at the overview diagram. If they need to see the detail of
one part, they look at that sub-diagram.

For bonus points, you can make each area in the overview diagram a
clickable hyperlink to the matching sub-diagram.

---
Stuart Burnfield
Information Developer
Australian Programming Centre