atw: Re: Inaction items

  • From: Peter G Martin <peter.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Steve Hudson <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:58:17 +1000

Steve:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:27:16 +1000,  you wrote:
> Stewie, I have seen this stuff before. It is oft put
> under "Future action actions", "To be discussed later
> pending <outcomes>" etc. I wont assume you are being
> disparaging, I will just say it is fairly common to
> have all input from a meeting output as comments for
> future action - like any good process all inputs must
> be rep'd by an output because the second law of
> thermodynamics holds true for data.

Three concepts in common usage, one in computing, the second
in physics, and the third in common business practice  would
appear to bring into question the idea that there is a
necessary one-to-one relationship between meeting input and
output:

1. The bit bucket  (aka  \dev\null)
2. The black hole
3. The Rule of the keeper of the minutes

--Peter M