atw: Re: How to Have a Rational Discussion

  • From: Robert Levy <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:35:32 +1000

Though, having said that, I certainly do appreciate the sentiment. How many
arguments go around in circles because of the failure of one person to follow
most of those guidelines? Those conversations are pointless and frustrating.

I especially find it frustrating when someone brings up talking points that
they KNOW aren't valid, but they hope that you don't know they aren't. They
want to score a point or two, and don't care how. That mainly happens in
political discussions. Harumph.

rwl