atw: Re: Help!!! Word, master documents & styles

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:04:26 +1100

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, David (Newton) but, as far as I am
aware (and IMNSHO) the best way to use the Word Master Document "feature"
(which has been effectively a document destruction / grind your PC to a
screeching halt item since Word 8 - aka Word 97 - but worked fine for me in
Word 7) is to avoid it altogether and use the document include link feature
instead.

It will eat up every resource in your PC and achieve only heartbreak if you
try.

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas