atw: Re: Google ranking (WAS: Janice Gelb's request for web design contact)

  • From: "Rebecca Caldwell" <rebecca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:41:33 +0800

Howard,

I've heard this too - I do the SEO for my company, and regular changes
to the website mean more regular crawls to your site (by googlebot). If
your site is no longer 'relevant' i.e. not up to date, then you can slip
down the ranking.

I sort of liken it to journalism - newspapers/news sites are new every
day to stay relevant, if they were the same every day, then they are
generally useless and you would stop buying/visiting.

Its not the only reason you can slip down, but one of a tapestry of
things.