atw: Google ranking (WAS: Janice Gelb's request for web design contact)

  • From: Howard Silcock <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:34:11 +1100

Christine, you said that a site that is not changed regularly slips down in
the Google ranking. I'm wondering where you learned this. Google's ranking
is a bit hard to work out, but this is the first time I've heard anyone say
it's time-dependent (I mean directly dependent on time - obviously other
relevant factors will vary over time and therefore affect the
ranking indirectly). Did you get this information from a website or book you
can quote, or was it just word of mouth?
Howard