[audacity4blind] Recording and playback using Mac with Mavericks

  • From: Chris Coulter <forestelf1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 20:33:31 -0700

Hello, everyone,
I really need help from someone who uses Audacity with a Mac for this question.
My apologies in advance if I sound a little confused.

I have opened Audacity and set my preferences. My one and only choice for a
host is Core Audio. I have set my recording device to be built-in input and my
playback to be Logitech USB head phones. I then went to System Preferences,
clicked on sound and selected Input. The only choices I have for input are Line
In and Logitech Heads set, which is a head set microphone that I don’t believe
is working. I selected Line In, but I only did that because I don’t see
anything about an internal microphone. I opened a project file using Command N
and tried recording something. When I pressed Play after recording I heard
nothing. That’s probably not surprising if the only real option I had was Line
In and I don’t have an external mic. Is there a skilled Mac and Audacity user
in the house who can give me some plain English, jargon-free help? This is all
very new to me.
Chris