[audacity4blind] Re: Recording and playback using Mac with Mavericks

  • From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 11:51:40 +0200

Hi Anders!

There is another player in town.
I became frustrated of Soundflower because it couldn't play all that much sound
without breaking up. So I googled a little and found sound siphon which is free
if you ant to capture systemaudio alone.
You can find more info by googling the name above or by visiting the
devs site at:
http://staticz.com/support/soundsiphon/
The sad thing is that you can't contact the
developer due to a captcha with no audio at all.

When you want to monitor yourself I really would use a program called Line in.
That's a free program. You just set the input to your microphone and your
output to the device you want to use for output and check the box saying: Pass
through. That's it.
Find line in here:
http://rogueamoeba.com/freebies/download/LineIn.zip

Best regards