[audacity4blind] Re: Recording Skype conversations.

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 18:54:45 +0100

| From sandra gayer <sandragayer7@xxxxxxxxx>
| Sun, 29 Apr 2012 13:18:01 +0100
| Subject: [audacity4blind] Recording Skype conversations.
> I read somewhere that Audacity could be used to record Skype
> conversations. Is this correct? If so how? Does it depend on the
> conversation being rooted through the computer's internal sound card?
> Is it possible to record both ends of a Skype conversation if they are
> being rooted through an external soundcard and external microphone?

Yes you have to unmute the microphone playback (or use
"Listen to this device" on Windows Vista/7) then record
stereo mix in Audacity. You must use headphones or a
headset. A USB headset usually won't work on Windows XP
or earlier because there is no way to unmute its playback.

Instead of Audacity, it is usually better to use something like:
http://voipcallrecording.com/ .