[audacity4blind] Re: Recording Skype conversations.

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 15:21:47 +0200

Hi David!
I'm using a Sony Vaio running Windows 7. The trouble is I can't select the
speakers as an input device. Obviously I don't want to use the speakers as a
microphone replacement, but I want to record in Audacity what ever the
computer sends to the speakers. No chance it seems. I've also got an
external sound card, but selecting that as input device doesn't work either,
because Audacity records what is coming in through the sound card's input
channels. Quite logical, but again I don't want to record what's coming in,
but what's going out to these devices.

Cheers, Robbie