[audacity4blind] Distorted Recording

  • From: Vasundhara Raturi <vasundhara.raturi.97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:58:04 +0300

Dear Members,

I have downloaded the latest version of audacity onto my PC. However,
I am facing a problem while I record in audacity (this is a recent
problem which was happening even when I had Audacity 2.0.1). When I
record, a very distorted sound is produced, that is when I play my
recording, a "hiss" sound is produced as if the microphone is in
contact with any electric appliance and my voice is suppressed
completely because of this. I always ensure that during recording,
there should be a distance maintained between the microphone wire and
other electric wires. I tried to adjust the microphone volume in the
recording device section, but did not get any satisfactory results. I
am using windows XP. I will be greatful for any help provided.

Thank you,
Vasundhara Raturi