[audacity4blind] Re: Distorted Recording

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 19:12:41 +0100

| From Vasundhara Raturi <vasundhara.raturi.97@xxxxxxxxx>
| Wed, 17 Oct 2012 16:36:08 +0300
| Subject: Distorted Recording
> Thank you members for all of your help. Regarding the quality of my
> microphone cable whether it is shielded or not, I am not very certain
> about it. Yes, it is a microphone with cable connector and not USB.
> Moreover, it is a headphone cum microphone. I am puzzled because this
> problem wasn't happening before and I have tested it while talking to
> someone or so, then it does not produce any electrical sound. Only at
> the time of recording this problem is occuring and that too very
> recently. I am quite sure that the connections are proper and
> equidistant from the mains wires. I will have to give a second thought
> before deciding to replace the sound card or my microphone because the
> input is perfect in every other program except for this recording. I
> will be greatful for any further guidance upon this issue.

I would look at exactly what your input is in Audacity Device
Toolbar (as Gene said).

Also go to Windows "Sounds and Audio Devices". In the "Sound
recording" panel, press the "Volume" button and check if you
have a microphone boost for the headset that you don't need.
You may have to press an "Advanced" button to find this out.

In the "Sound playback" panel, press "Volume". If you have inputs
you are not using which are unmuted, mute them.

Gale