[audacity4blind] Re: Distorted Recording

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:31:53 +0100

| From "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
| Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:51:28 -0500
| Subject: Distorted Recording
> You are wasting time if you worry about keeping the microphone cable
> separate from other wires.  A properly connected microphone cable does not
> pick up interference from other cables.

I think a microphone cable connected to the sound card input could
pick up interference from the computer or mains cables, especially
if it is not a high quality shielded cable. These tips may help:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Reducing_noise .

If it's a USB microphone, is it possible to change the cable, or is the
cable built into the microphone?

Gale