[audacity4blind] Audacity options in JAWS 9?

  • From: "Gary Campbell" <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:50:23 -0600

Hi Sean,

Since you are using JAWS 9, I would like to know if the Audacity options
appear in the Adjust JAWS Verbosity list.  I tried to code to support the
older options dialog but have not been able to test it since I don't have
JAWS 9 on my system.  To do this:  Press JAWSKey+v.  I think a list of
options will appear.  (In JAWS 10 and later a tree view appears.  I think
that was added in JAWS 10, if you get a tree view, then there is no point in
continuing, although I would like to knowif JAWS 9 has the tree view.)  In
the list that appears, see if there are entries for "Announce Audacity
messages", "Announce toolbars", and "ENTER pauses during play/record".  Do
you find them?  Do they work?

Thanks.

Gary