[audacity4blind] Re: Key commands for JAWS Scripts with Audacity

  • From: "Gary Campbell" <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:30:44 -0600

Hi Sean,

Try this:

1.      From the JAWS group in Start Menu > Programs choose Explore JAWS >
Explore My Settings.  If you don't have that program group item, Run Windows
Explorer and go to %appdata%\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\9.0\Settings\enu.

2.      Find audacity.jkm and press ENTER.  It will open in Notepad.

3.      Arrow down once and you will find a line that says
"JAWSKey+h=AudacityHotKeyHelp".  Note that the K in HotKey is upper case.
Replace it with a lower-case k.

4.      Save the file.

5.      Open Audacity and press JAWSKey+h.  The virtual viewer should open,
and the first line should be "JAWS keystrokes for script version 2.0.".

If the hotkey help doesn't open when you press JAWSKey+h, do the following:

6.      In Audacity press JAWSKey+1 to turn on keyboard help.

7.      Press JAWSKey+h 3 times quickly.  JAWS will speak and spell the name
of the script assigned to that key.  What does it say?

8.      Press JAWSKey+1 again to turn off keyboard help.

Thanks.

Gary

  _____