Re: [artworks] advice on repetititve grouping task

  • From: "Gavin Crawford" <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 10:30:04 -0000

> Gav Crawford  wrote
>

>> F6 is hard wired in ArtWorks to switch to the Rectangle tool. So you
>> shouldn't use that for a Keystroke key.
>
> When did that happen? I looked in the (hard copy) manual for an
> uncommitted single press key and found F6.
>
> My online manual says that f6 is tool specific.

It's actually been there since ArtWorks 1 and the initial CC release, but
it seems that it's part of the select tool.

F2 will select the 'Select' tool (arrow) at any time.
but when the Select tool is currently chosen then the following become
active:
F4 - freehand tool
F5 - Curve path tool
F6 - Rectangle tool
F7 - Text tool (the original text line not text area)

So I often use F2 followed by F6 to switch to the rectangle tool.

Also note that the action of some of the Function keys are tool specific
and will change depending on the tool. Although the only ones I can think
of, off the top of my head, are the path tools (which is shown in the info
bar).

Gavin