Re: [artworks] advice on repetititve grouping task

  • From: Jim Nagel <aw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 16:31:05 GMT

John Rickman Iyonix  wrote on 14 Mar:
> I cant get Keystroke to perform any menu ops in ArtWorks. The menu
> just flashes up and nothing else happens.

That's usually a sign to try ticking the "Manual" switch in the
Keystroke dialogue.  Not quite sure exactly what this does (till I
load up the helpfile and re-read), but it does seem to slow the menu
thing down so that it actually happens.

In that dialogue, make sure that "Match title" is NOT ticked and
"At pointer" IS ticked (ie, the keystroke will work on the Artworks
window at the pointer, regardless of the filename of that window).

> I have set Keystroke to perform "group" via the menu primary 3,
> secondary 5 when I press F6.

Agreed 3 and 5.  I tested successfully with Ctrl-# but I don't think
that behaves any diff from F6.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk