[AR] Re: Test this weekend...

  • From: Robert Steinke <robert.steinke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 09:01:54 -0700

So the rated pressure limit of this pump is 300 psi, but it could have 3x
or 4x safety margin. Robert, could you get one of these and burst test
it? How much do they cost? If the burst pressure is 900-1200 psi then one
could operate it at lower safety margin and put several pumps in series to
get decent rocket pressures.

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Uwe Klein <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 27.11.2015 um 16:11 schrieb Robert Steinke:

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 10:41 PM, <qbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:qbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I suppose that you could pump the tank to 200psi and then get the
300 psi but that sort
of defeats the purpose of using the pump in the first place.

Not necessarily. Any small tank that isn't as fragile as an eggshell
will be able to hold a couple hundred psi. 100 psi boost is a little
low, but if you had a system with 200 psi in the tank and you could
boost it to 500-600 psi with a pump that would be worth something.

well, at our volunteer firefighting force we do cascade pumps.
with incompressible fluids pressure is the summ ...

limited by our fire hose burst pressure :-)

uwe