[AR] Re: Safing of liquid vehicle

  • From: "Monroe L. King Jr." <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 10:00:44 -0700

I could not answer that without knowing the entire layout of the rocket.

Can valves be locked out with a device that is removed?

Remote filling?

Me personally I've had servos go wonky at any given moment they can't be
trusted IMO. Can a lock out device be used?

Even remote valves should be locked out.

Solenoid valves should have manual valve back ups.

pyro devices should be locked out including the ignition source.

That's just the basic stuff. I'd need to know more about the avionics.

Tag out Lock out in the check list.

Me personally I'd want more than a few dry runs of the checklist until I
was comfortable with it as well.
I would also have to know that rocket very well to actually help on the
pad.

#1 No real rockets do I want to help on the pad with if I didn't build
it myself or have a large hand in it. I don't mind observing with
binoculars from a safe distance though :)

Sorry I don't think this is actually helpful. I just don't know enough
about your rocket to make helpful suggestions. I just threw out some
stuff you probably already thought of.