[AR] Re: Safing of liquid vehicle

  • From: Robert Watzlavick <rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 21:19:58 -0600

Here's an idea - the power to all the "moving" parts are controlled through opto-coupled solid state relays (Vishay VO14624AT). Assuming I trust the MOSFET side of the SSR against inadvertent switching, all I need to do is switch off the +3.3V that goes to the LED side of the relays of interest:
Fuel solenoid
GOX solenoid
CDI module
Servo power
Recovery actuator motor

For added safety, since the power for the CDI and solenoids is off-board, I can turn those power supplies off when servicing the vehicle. Aircraft Spruce has some inexpensive mil-spec switches (Otto T3) series that should work for the onboard +3.3V power for the SSRs.

-Bob