[AR] Re: Arocket Pump Progress

  • From: "Monroe L. King Jr." <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eric" <Eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 17:00:22 -0700

I have not worried about it yet.

Where we are at:
The hold up is CAD and Eric Gustafson has agreed to do it but, I still
need to ship him the machine (PC) to do it on and I have to load
solidworks up on it. I will get that to him this week.

I have got my Bridgeport running and I'm now working on getting all the
tooling up to snuff. I can run the parts for the Barsky design myself
very soon so I'll start doing that over the next few days I hope.

I need to know

The shaft dimension for the electric motor to run the shaft for the
pump.

If Stainless will hold up as shaft material under the loads we
intend.

Peter- Can you run the numbers for the Barsky Peroxide Pump?

Once we get the CAD then Russell should be able to run Lloyd's design.
(we need the bottom side detail so we can run it.) I don't need a
drawing to manual mill or make the shaft for the Barsky design.

I don't yet have a power feed for the knee of my mill to do CNC.

On the 24th I have to go to Port O'Conner and get started on the
referbing of the Prometheus which is a large project in it's self. So
I'll be doing that for at least 4 days and will have to go back and
forth over the next few months.

I am ready to make a pump! Let's do it!