[AR] Re: Arocket Pump Progress

  • From: "Monroe L. King Jr." <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 08:37:50 -0700

I agree and it was the Merlin I was looking to for inspiration.

But the split design of the SA-2 also has it's merit and it is possible
to actually get a hold of one of those to get a good look at and take
measurements from as well as perhaps some 3D scans if nothing else. It
can also be copied.

I'm willing to cut some corners here and take advantage of a known good
design if we can.

The other thing is the SA-2's propellants and pump designs are closer to
the same for our chosen propellants.

also looks to me like the SA-2 has open impellers?

If I can find/buy one to use as a reference it should cut development in
half.

Or do you think that is mot a good way to proceed?

This is our project you tell me. You are designing a turbopump Peter.