[ARMini-support] PhotoFix for Cortex A9 machines (and maybe A8)

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 09:39:49 +0000 (GMT)

Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chris Bell (Lists) <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > It DOES work and I'm a happy man!!! [...] I'm using virgin PhotoDesk
> > 3.12 under OS 5.21 (14-Feb-15) with AemulorPro (2.33) on a PandaRO.

> Really Chris, you don't need AemulorPro for running PhotoDesk. What
> happens if you try to run it natively?

> > The fixed app usually (why not all the time?) crashed on loading.

> That very much reminds me of the 'Twain bug'. The cure is (at least, it
> was for me) to comment out the following line in the !Run file of
> Photedesk:
> IF "<TWAIN$Path>"<>"" THEN RMLoad <Photodesk$Dir>.Modules.TwainPDIF

virgin 3.12 with AemulorPro:
  fully functional but slow.

virgin 3.12, no AemulorPro:
  "SWI &A0F00E not known" error on loading.

virgin 3.12, no AemulorPro, TWAIN line commented out:
  same "SWI &A0F00E not known" error on loading.

virgin 3.12, no AemulorPro, TWAIN line commented out, !TWAIN removed from
Resources (ie. no Twain variables set):
  "File name '...!PhotoDesk.Resouces.Territory.' not recognised at 265"
  error on loading.

fixed 3.12, no AemulorPro:
  inconsistent behaviour - crashes on loading or in use (usually 'pops'
  and freezes computer without error message) - unseable.

fixed 3.12, no AemulorPro, TWAIN line commented out:
  loads and some things work, but regular "PhotoDesk has suffered an
  unexpected error" or pure 'gobbledegook' errors - unseable.

fixed 3.12, no AemulorPro, TWAIN line commented out, !TWAIN removed from
Resources (ie. no Twain variables set):
  loads and same random behaviour - unseable.

On the few occasions that the fixed version has decided to work, it's MUCH
faster than the native version + AemulorPro.  I wish it worked all the
time!

Chris.